Saturday, September 02, 2006

Kangiqsujuaq

After the frenzy of Scotland, Sayard and I have begun a new experience in the northern reaches of our native land teaching English. Kangiqsujuaq is aptly named as it means large bay in the Inuit language of Inuktitut. It is nestled in a cove 10 kilometers from the Hudson Strait in the northern region of Quebec known as Nunavik. Every time we step outside we can't get over how amazing this place is.

Here is a glimpse of our village.

We live in the blue house on the left. Our apartment is on the bottom floor to the right. It is a nice place, with a spectacular view of the golf course and the surrounding mountains.

Neil enjoying a game of golf in our front yard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like all is good with both of you. Beautiful scenes to surround yourself with.
Inukshuk Shannon

Mary Ann said...

Hello Sayard and Neil,

I stumbled upon this blog (searching for something else) at exactly a time I was looking to get in touch with you. My husband and I are teaching in Kangiqsujuaq.

If you could email me back, we would greatly appreciate being briefly in touch with you.

Thank you,
Mary Ann and Tom