Monday, November 06, 2006

Kuujjuaq

I (Sayard) was lucky enough to get a week off of school to go to an English teachers workshop. I was sent down south to Kuujjuaq for 4 days, where I was able to eat out at a restaurant, buy magazines and even go out dancing at a bar. Now this might not seem like a lot, but up here in Kangiqsujuaq that's called living the life.

Kuujjuaq is still south enough to grow trees.....A sight for sore eyes.

An Inukshuk in the middle of town.

Our last night there we all went out as a group. Here we have Nancy, Collen, Amanda and myself enjoying a nice drink at the Lounge.

I originally met these two girls at orientation the first week here. Collen (left) and I stayed at Amanda's(right) house.

Sherry is Marion's (a teacher I work with) best friend. She is also a former teacher at my school, so we had a great time talking about Wakeham Bay and all it's glory.

Michael is the funnest person and the bestest dancer I've ever met. He is Will to my Grace.

1 comment:

Curtis Groom said...

Hello,
My family and I will be moving to Kangiqsujuaq sometime in the next week or three. Any tips?
Thanks
CG