Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween Haunt

This is the Rosely hotel in Arbroath in county Angus. I went up to this area on the 31st of October to complete my second teaching placement, this time in a p2 class (5 and 6 year olds). Driving up from Edinburgh with a fellow student named Moyra, we were more than a little taken aback by the sight of this place. An old Victorian mansion, this place has definitely seen better days. Used as a base for hunters that come over from other European countries (there were Italians and Germans at the time), this place would make a top ten spookiest spots in Scotland survey for sure.
The walls are covered in pelts and animal heads. Moyra and I had a hard time containing our laughter upon walking in.
Right outside my room.
I didn't notice this at first, but it appears to be a stairway leading to the turret. Scary, as it was right beside my door. If the hideous beast wanted to come down and get me, I was easy pickings.
I guess the cleaning lady wasn't tall enough to reach this. Good thing I only spent a week here.

No comments: